One of Cheeky’s 2018 goals, is to drink more water! That’s not just a random goal in our lives, but a goal with a purpose – to solely help our skin and bod look, do & perform better! My doctor told me one time that if you don’t drink enough water, after a while, your body ‘shuts’ down in a way and stops asking for water… resulting in only negative side effects. I would say it wasn’t until I started Cheeky, that that was my body’s current state. It was like pulling teeth to get me to drink water. I would guzzle like 3 cups of water before bed and call it a day! That just wasn’t healthy. If you’re anything like the old me or just need a push here in 2018 to drink more water, we’ve got plenty of ideas up our sleeves.
First off, let’s review why water is oh so important!
- Approximately 70% of our body mass is made up of water, including skin, tissues, cells and the organs.
- Water removes toxins and waste products from the body thereby cleansing it.
- Water is required to process all the nutrients from the food we eat.
- Lack of water in the body can cause a host of issues, including constipation, asthma symptoms, allergies, headaches & plenty of other problems.
The reasons why water is oh so important for your skin!
- It replenishes the skin tissue and increases its elasticity.
- Helps delay the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles!
- It keeps your skin hydrated from the inside, out.
- For supple skin, drinking adequate water amounts can often be more important than your topical creams.
- Water helps to combat common skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, etc.
What can happen to your skin if you don’t drink enough water….
- You may notice an increase in acne because your body does not have enough water to flush out any toxins that may cause acne.
- Too much sun? If you got too much sun & didn’t drink enough water, you will find that the sunburn is just that much more painful.
- Dehydration weakens the delicate under eye area, making your bags & dark circles more prominent.
The Daily Mail had a woman named Sarah, 42 up her water drinking intake to see how much it would really improve your skin:
Need we say more!?!?!? She is reported to have said that drinking three liters of daily took 10 years off her face!
Our favorite water tips…
- Drink a glass of water with half a lemon squeeze worth of juice right when you wake up!
- Get creative when it comes to your water if water drinking is difficult for you – make hot tea, add a water flavoring, add oranges, lemons & limes to a jug.
- Drink your water through a straw!
- Make it bubbly! I LOVE bubbly water & drink WAYYYY more of it! In fact, I’ve had 2 liters already of sparkling water today because it’s just so delicious to me!
- Pick out the BEST water bottle for you from the list below!
Are you ready to up your water intake game? We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite suggestions!
Tracks water intake & glows to remind you to stay hydrated!
High quality, shatter resistant glass!
‘Replenish mood, body and soul with the refreshing taste of natural spring water at home and on the go. From tranquility to energy, Gempods deliver the natural healing power of precious gemstones for water that’s as beautiful as it looks. – Vitajuwel
‘Drink 3-times more water, get healthier, have more energy and avoid headaches with Ulla – your personal hydration coach.
- ✔ Tracks when you drink
- ✔ Reminds you to hydrate if you forget
- ✔ Blinks before dehydration kicks in
- ✔ Fits on any water bottle’ – Ulla
Images & some information provided by respective brands
Do you have a favorite water bottle? How do you remember to drink more water? Heck, you could be just like my poobear who just sucks down water like nobody’s business without thinking about it – you I envy!! Whatever the case may be, cheers to water drinking! It does the body GOOD!