I was at the Dermatologist’s office yesterday – my favorite place to go, visiting my favorite doctor ever, Dr. Epstein and he asked me if I was taking Heliocare…. he has brought this product up each time I’ve gone. I’ve taken the free samples religiously when he gave them to me, but then I have failed to go and get the product at my local Walgreens or even on Amazon. However, since this is probably his 5th time mentioning it, I thought, ‘Why on earth haven’t I gone out and purchased it’? I’ve referenced Heliocare as being an amazing clinically proven, dermatologist-recommended dietary supplement before in a blog post or two, but I thought it was time for this special, proprietary blend to get its own special shout out! Especially since my doctor seemed so adamant about me taking it!
In short, ‘Heliocare is a simple, one-a-day dietary supplement made with Fernblock® Polypodium leucotomos extract (PLE). This natural extract is packed with antioxidant properties that help maintain your skin’s ability to protect itself against the aging effects of free radicals.’ – Heliocare
Our bodies really do age from the inside out! This explains why we all have wrinkles & sun damage, even some of us at a young age. It’s actually a term called oxidation. The sun & other environmental factors are to blame. It’s just like how furniture near a window, can get sun bleached even indoors. All sun exposure can cause our skin damage – not just on sunny days & you can even get sun damage from walking to your mailbox. And not just that, pollution, exercise (you’d be surprised! click that link!) & plenty of other gunk can prevent us from aging beautifully. A lot of it comes down to free-radicals which are just simply unstable molecules in our body. The more you have, the more damage occurs over time.
But with Heliocare, by taking it just one time a day, you can help neutralize the free radicals in your body & prevent the damage from getting worse (& even prevent free radicals from sneaking in in the first place). Relying on their Fernblock PLE Technology you can trust that it will help heal and prevent any skin concerns from appearing. PLE is tropical fern plant grown in Central and South America. Native Americans have used the plant extract for centuries!
Please remember that while they do say that Heliocare can protect your skin from the sun, it is not to be used in place of your sunscreen. It’s really helpful for those with melasma, or those individuals who are looking for an easy way to get their much needed antioxidants.
In addition to taking Heliocare there are plenty of ways to help prevent sun damage & get your much needed antioxidants.
Sun Damage Prevention Tips
- Always wear a hat – I look like a crazy person every where I go, but hats are totally necessary!
- Consider having a sun shade on your driver’s side window (I do!!!). You’d be soooo surprised how differently the left side of your face ages vs. your right.
- Wear sunscreen! Even if you’re inside, slather it on.
- Use a sunscreen with Zinc & Titanium Dioxide
- Use a sunscreen that offers broadband protection against UVA & UVB rays
- Drink a cup of tea a day – great way to destress and get your much needed antioxidants
- Avoid sugary and processed foods
- Eat your way to antioxidant heaven – through artichokes, dark chocolate, pecans, kidney beans, yada yada, the list goes on!
- Consider a daily vitamin (consult your doc of course)
- Consider how you prepare your food – Research shows that microwaving and baking have the best results in yielding lots of antioxidants in the fruits & vegetables you cook, while boiling and pressure cooking tend to reduce antioxidants the most.
Common antioxidants include –
- vitamin A
- vitamin C
- vitamin E
What do you guys think? Could you use an extra boost in sun protection? Don’t forget to protect that beautiful face & bod, even during the winter months.