We have a Cheeky who will be spending a few days at the beach and going scuba diving during her vacation & it reminded me of how scuba diving in the U.S. Virgin Islands was probably one of my favorite vacation activities. I don’t know how to swim in the sense of staying up above water so I don’t typically do well on beach vacations (I know we’re all shocked) and I really do prefer to spend my time doing excursions or in a major city shopping my ass off, but that trip was awesome. I’m not sure if you’ve gone scuba diving before, but it’s such an out of body experience… you’re ‘breathing’ under water and swimming like you’re the guppy from the Little Mermaid… just epic. And not only are you doing un-human things, you’re seeing the most magical things you’ve ever seen. I remember we saw nurse sharks, jellyfish, all sorts of bright colored sea creatures & the super old turtle just moving right along. If you haven’t experienced it before, I would highly encourage that you do.
But I’m not here to talk about how I was basically Arielle for 2 hours in the middle 2000’s, which I was basically… It reminded me of jellyfish and ‘jelly’ being used in skincare… Not ACTUAL jellyfish of course cause no one likes that… this is just actual jelly-like skin cleansers!
So basically skincare folks have come up with sort of a fun and gimmicky way to cleanse your skin in the form of a jelly ball. I’m not mad at it….I’ve been seeing these types of products lately… they contain really great ingredients and are more exciting to use or look at. Have you guys been noticing that too? The industry seems to be making it more about the ‘experience’ which I personally like. Like ‘let’s get creative and have fun taking care of our skin’.
What you need to know….
- The ball is squishy and contains nourishing ingredients to help you get a great lather to remove all traces of dirt, oil & makeup.
- Benefits include: easily contours to your face, massages skin to boost surface cell turnover, leaves skin glowing & radiant.
- Often contains ingredients that are meant to protect our skin from free radicals, anti-oxidant filled & helps with fine lines & wrinkles, as well as folks with hyper pigmentation.
- Often made with glycerin that helps skin maintain a perfect water balance.
- Folks with oily skin seem to see the most benefits.
- The sphere-like shape is intended to provide a more concentrated cleanse.
How to use…
Squish the ball and lather directly on your skin or place directly in hands & massage onto the face.
- Jelly ball itself can easily dry out so folks recommended proper storage or using it twice a day.
- Some people said the Boscia jelly ball products can shrink quite quickly, so use sparingly if you can & store in a super air tight container.
- Folks with dry skin couldn’t take these jelly balls… made their skin way too dry.
- ‘A bouncy, fun cleansing ball with a one-of-a-kind soft jelly texture and refreshing geranium scent that leaves skin fresh, glowing and vibrant.
- Concentrated formula with nutrient-rich lychee extract works into a lather to remove all traces of dirt, oil and makeup
- Easily cleanse all the contours of your face
- Massages skin to boost surface cell turnover
- Travel-friendly: no-mess, no-leaking’
‘This one-of-a-kind jelly-textured face cleanser deep cleans pores with purifying activated black bamboo charcoal, leaving skin refreshed and balanced. Tamarindus indica seed gum and hinoki oil calm, soothe, and hydrate for a stronger, more youthful-looking complexion. The unique, innovative jelly consistency creates an indulgent cleansing experience: simply squish and lather the charcoal-based formula directly onto your face, or lather and massage in with your fingertips. Featuring its own portable case, the non-liquid formula makes this product travel-friendly, so you can cleanse on the go. ‘
‘This one-of-a-kind jelly-textured face cleanser purifies, refreshes, and nourishes skin. Tsubaki (camellia) oil hydrates, visibly firms, and protects against free radical damage while antioxidant-rich rice bran delivers essential nutrients and reduces the look of ultra-violet (UV) damage, including hyperpigmentation and fine lines. Sodium hyaluronate is able to hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water and support the body’s natural ability to attract and maintain water, providing long-lasting hydration to moisture-deprived skin. The unique jelly consistency creates a fun cleansing experience—simply squish and lather the charcoal-based formula directly onto face, or lather in hands and massage into face. And the non-liquid formula comes in its own portable case, making this product travel-friendly and gift-worthy.’
Some information & images provided by respective brands