Also known as ‘Movember’! This is the month where you ‘grow a Mo to save a Bro’! This movement is to raise funds for men’s health. Movember is something I hold near and dear to my heart. My own dad, Greg was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2005. Thanks to early testing, awareness & advanced procedures he is in remission and I cannot be more thankful for that. In honor of him and the other men who are suffering from cancer or who have passed away, let’s help grow a movement!
Prostate cancer kills 35 men every hour. Testicular cancer strikes early, it’s most common in men under 40. Every minute a man dies from suicide.
Grow it, flow it, show it – steps to greatness! Register and join over 250,000 men who are growing their beard out this Movember!
Start clean shaven
Grow that bad boy
Have fun doin’ good
Grow a mo, save a bro
Send us your pictures to be featured on our blog and social media!
Not only does growing your beard out support an amazing cause, there are a surprising amount of benefits! For one, growing facial hair can help save a man’s life. That’s pretty hard to beat. However, since we’re a skincare advice blog, we thought we would highlight why you should put down the razor…. step away from the razor!
- Protect’s your face from the sun’s rays…did you know that beards can block up to 95% of the sun’s harmful rays?
- Keeps you warm…having facial hair acts as a barrier of protection – say goodbye to chapped skin this fall!
- Keep you free from disease…a beard can actually ward off throat disease – facial hair can help keep airborne bacteria out of your month, which assists in protecting your throat
- Assist those with asthma…your facial hair acts as a filter so that toxins are less likely to enter your lungs!
- Say goodbye to acne…facial hair provides an extra layer of protection from infections – shaving creates openings which can lead to bacteria – not shaving will then reduce acne flare-ups.
- Feel more attractive…67% of men surveyed said they sport facial hair because they feel more attractive – 55% of men actually receive compliments on their facial hair!
When that luscious facial hair of yours grows in, you’re gonna wanna groom it! Check out this beard oil – 5 stars & perfect for Christmas!