I’m all about radiance these days! In my never ending quest for brighter, less splotchy skin (and all around chicness), I constantly think about ways to make my face & our faces, RADIANT! But what is one easy way to get radiant skin you ask? Cheeky will tell ya! YAY!
Our skin operates on a 28-day cycle (more days are added on to that cycle as we grow wiser) and the ‘living’ cells at the bottom layer of the epidermis gradually become harder & denser as they work their way up to the surface—where most die and eventually flake off to reveal the new cells underneath. This process goes on all the time, BUT without our help & that much needed push, it can speed up the ‘maturing’ process i.e. – sun damage, hormonal changes and certain skin disorders will accelerate our skin. So one sure fit way to help slow down the maturing process is by way of facial pads!
These suckers are a great way to provide the exfoliation our skin needs, while also speeding up the cell renewal process. These already presoaked/infused with the perfect amount of acids & other hydrating and soothing ingredients that will help your skin GLOW!
If your summer skin is needing a refresher or you’re looking for ways to stay radiant all year long, then this is the blog for you!
Facial Pad Tips
- Wear the hell out of your sunscreen and promise me you won’t forget!
- Keep a close eye on your skin, if you happen to over do it, back off the product or consider a milder alternative
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate – every time you use a facial pad, we recommend using a serum, moisturizer or both!
- I believe you should be exfoliating more than once a week – I recommend anywhere from 3 to 5 times a week (and I mean ‘purposeful exfoliation’, like a facial pad or peel… you should really be exfoliating in some fashion every day, i.e. cleansing brushes). You just have to know your skin and keep close tabs on it
- Avoid the delicate eye area if possible
- Use facial pads in the evening time so you can protect your skin even better from the sun
Ingredients to Look For
- Lactic acid – a gentle way to get exfoliation
- BHA/AHA – stronger alternative (glycolic acid, salicyclic acid)
- Amino acids
- Vitamins A, C, D, E & F
- Citric acid
- Ferulic acid – enhances the stability of topical applications of antioxidant vitamins C and E
Who Would Benefit
- Large pores
- Maturing skin
- Pigmented skin
- Dry skin
- Dull skin
- Sun damaged skin
- Wrinkles/fine lines
- Acne-prone skin
- Inflammation (acne, melasma, etc.)
#CheekyConfidentials (our ‘pro’ tips)
- Use your facial pads on your hands! It’ll help them look radiant too.
- Consider using a warm washcloth on your face afterwards and let it sit for a minute to really soften the skin
- I like to swipe up with my facial pads to ensure that my skin is always fighting against gravity
- I always follow up with a moisturizing face mask
- If you suffer from Keratosis Pilaris (KP), consider using facial pads on your arms and legs
- Are the pads large? Consider cutting the pads in 2 for more uses
- Pat all your skincare products into your skin after using facial pads – it’ll help the products soak just that much more into your skin