A solution for moisture, plumpness, hydration, less zits, the list goes on! Gel-based moisturizers are one of the latest moisturizers to hit the market and we’re pretty pumped! And it’s typically targeted to all skin types.. so if you’ve got oily skin and are scared of heavy moisturizers or if you’ve got normal skin and greasy ain’t yo thang, then this could be just the moisturizer you’ve been looking for.
Gel formulations are translucent because the formula is created as a water-based semisolid, which allows it to spread easily. The water acts as a vehicle for the active ingredients in the product to be used on the skin and give you just what your skin needs to look gorg.
The downside for gel moisturizers that I’ve stumbled upon is that they can be somewhat sticky, so we took that as a challenge to find the best formulations that delivered hydrating results without the tacky feeling. That’s just never good! And I just got bangs the other day and all I can think about is how my nighttime oils will be right at home when the bangs come down LOL! They’ll just sop into the hair like nobody’s business. But I’ll deal with that later 😉
Key benefits to gel-based moisturizers:
- Typically packed with all sorts of goodness (i.e. hyaluronic acid & antioxidants)
- Helps with acne
- Targets milia
- Quick absorption
- Oil-free (for the most part)
- Longer lasting hydration (so they say)
- Layering can be great (put gel moisturizer under cream moisturizer in the winter months for adding hydration while you sleep)
- Soothes the skin
- Targets dull looking skin
- Can often double as a mask for added moisture (leave on for 10 minutes and rinse off or massage into skin)
Don’t forget to plop it in your fridge! Remember, some skincare products are just better in the fridge and we think this is one that will shine!
*Noted to be great for hyperpigmentation too!
images compliments of their respective brands