Closet and cabinet organization is not my forte. If it’s yours, I envy you! Every aspect of my life is organized BUT compartments…Whether it’s the car console, my medicine cabinet, my clothes closet… and everything in between, it’s a disaster (but you better believe those damn pillows are organized on the couch every evening). But as they say and I like to think of it as, organized chaos, cause I know where everything is 😉 Just the other day, Josh and I switched dressers in our new home in Florida and he went to put my clothes in what he thought would be comparable spaces in the new dresser but then couldn’t find a rhyme or reason in my organization so he aborted the mission. I’ll give him that, but it was at that moment that I thought this might be JUST the year to get a handle on that. There is nothing like having a fresh start, with anything really, but having a fresh, new home to organize and decorate is just gold! So instead of accepting myself as a disastrous, yet organized, free spirited individual, we can improve ourselves and at least address the organized part.
In our new bathroom, there is this amazingly cozy nook for skincare products and everything in between. That was something Josh excitedly pointed out when we were looking at the rental home online. Bless his heart. Instead of piling all my shit on top of the nook like a wild animal, it’s time that we adult and look into organizers! Plus, yet another excuse to online shop. Who’s with me?
If you’re ready to get a handle on all the skincare, hygiene, whatever products in your life, then read on! Or maybe we could just start up a support group that discusses organized chaos and why it’s freeing 😉 Either way, we can meet in the middle and find you a cute or sleek alternative to your current sitch.
What to consider when it comes to hygiene storage organizers…
- Adjustable layers to allow you to store all sorts of products
- Decide on whether you’re looking to use it as a display or simply under the bathroom sink
- Consider an organizer that allows you to customize and move around the compartments
- Rotating is always helpful so you can easily access all the goodies
- Decide on whether you’re going to want to take this organizer on the road with you (i.e. would a caboodle be better?) or just keep it on your counter for viewing pleasure
- Would you do better with drawer organizers rather than counter organizers?
- Will you be storing your makeup in one? Skincare in one? Think about what you’re storing before you purchase one (makeup organizers are super storagy in that way – you can store like 20 individual lipsticks in special sections)
- Will you be able to keep the clear acrylics one clean? (I don’t think I could…)
- Organizers with mostly drawers may be better for makeup products rather than skincare products (but maybe that’s just my stuff)
- Are we doing colorful or basic? (I think I wanna do basic….)
- If you own ‘tools’ like your jade roller or even a blackhead remover thingy & want to store them, consider being chic and adding pearls or little ‘glass’ pieces to the bottom of the organizers for a classy look
- Would a cart help you easily move about? Maybe your bathroom is palatial 😉 or maybe you get ready in your bedroom but sometimes go into the bathroom to finish the job
- Do you want just one large organizer or are you gonna be happier with little mismatchy organizers that have a vintage, boho vibe?
- If things fly out of your medicine cabinet and hit you in the head, then it’s time to get an organizer.
- Do you need a whole separate piece of furniture to help you get your life together?
- Think outside of the box – consider using a spice cabinet organizer for example as your solution…or use one of those old school plastic door hanging shoe rack thingies to keep your goods sorted (I’m not super impressed with my on the spot out of box thinking… but you get it) –– UPDATE: How cool would it be to use those old military bullet holders and store your skincare in there? That’s a more creative idea to makeup for the shitty ones above – as seen here.
^^^ Um, are we overthinking this whole organizer thing? Maybe… and maybe that’s why I don’t organize very well. It’s overwhelming……..But most everything is overwhelming to me, for example, walking can be overwhelming cause god forbid I step on an ant…so let’s move along. K bye.
Our favorite organizers…
(We focused on skincare organizers but there are certainly plenty of makeup-focused organizers for you to choose from! That just ain’t our thang! Though at this moment, my complexion could use a vibrant lipstick and a simple eye…..looking a little dull!)
This one is included solely for nostalgic reasons!! LOVEDDDD mine growing up. Who here had one?
This one is like a Transformer… Comes apart, easily customizable… seems like the bees knees! Even though it’s clear, I could keep this one pretty clean…
For some reason this is so genius to me… lol.
Images provided by their respective brands.