So you’re here because pores are a pain in your ass right?! Well not literally, figuratively. If literally, you may want to find another website!
Every single person on earth has pores. Pores are those small little openings in the surface of your skin where dirt & liquids can pass. However, some people have larger pores than others. People who have skin that is naturally thick and oily tend to have larger pores. In addition, as we get older sun damage & reduction of collagen can cause pores to get larger. Also as we age, our skin thickens (yummy!) which causes tiny little cells to collect around the edge of the pores, thus making them look larger.
Soooo… what we can we do now that we’re all smarter and wiser?!??!! Welp, we can make them look smaller. They cannot disappear (sad face) but we can control how they look which is always a positive. Let’s go over some easy tips to help shrink those bad boys:
- Zinc and magnesium help restore your skin’s oil balance and clear out pores. A lot of products these days have those ingredients in them already TIP: You want a sunscreen with zinc it because they work the best.
- Scrub, scrub, scrub! Washing your face is crucial to keeping pores clean, however this is only a temporary step. Throughout the day as your skin continues to get oily, pores may appear larger (which is why you gotta get on the zinc and magnesium train from the tip above) Oh and don’t forget to wash your face after you work out (if that’s your thing).
- Avoid products that contain oils and petrolatum as they are heavier on your skin.
- Consider products with alpha hydroxy acids, retinol or fruit enzymes. Those will help shrink the pores & rid of the natural oils in your skin.
- All hell breaks loose & you’re over it…. Visit the dermatologist. He/She will probably recommend a Retin-A type product or suggest a glycolic or salicyclic acid peel. A peel sounds intense, but it’s a super light chemical procedure that is working to improve and smooth the texture of your skin. No biggie!
Dr. Brandt has a great line of products, one that includes Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner. And hey look, it’s won some awards AND contains glycolic acid – WINNING!