My love for vitamin C is real.. but my love for COSRX Triple C Lightning Liquid is unparalleled! I’m always on the quest for smoother, brighter skin as I know many of you Cheeky’s are too. I was putzing around the other day and on the hunt for a new ‘oil’ to try out and I was awe struck (pun intended) when I came across this Lightning Liquid…. With 20.5% pure vitamin C – it’s one of the best there is on the market.
Research has shown that vitamin C concentrations as low as 0.6% provide antioxidant and anti-aging benefits to skin – so with EVEN more power in COSRX Triple C Lightning Liquid, you’re going to see results
At one time it had a 10,000 person waiting list and is currently out of stock as I type (don’t worry, they are really good about re-stocking it – check back in a week or two), so we know it works! I was able to get it the other day on Soko Glam’s website and am in a week in of using this product. I cannot say enough amazing things & best of all, my skin is certainly brighter and softer than it was before. I may go as far as to say that my pores & fine lines are looking less noticeable too.
If you’re looking for faster, brighter, smoother results – then this guy needs to be your go-to! And trust me, I wouldn’t recommend just any old oil or serum for your skin. Oils and serums are actually my forte and I could even admit that they have become an obsession for me.
When added to your daily routine, pure concentrations of vitamin C provides a range of benefits, from evening out your skin tone, improving the look of acne scars, shielding skin from pollution, wildly improving hydration, and keeping your skin looking younger, longer! It’s often known as skincare’s superstar!
If you’re thinking about adding this product to your current skincare regime, there are some things you should know:
- This particular brand of vitamin C will eventually oxidize (because it is just that pure) so it’s shelf life can be somewhat short… if it turns a light brown color then it’s no longer effective & it’s time to order another one!
- When first starting out, you want to dilute the product because the absorbic acid can be ‘irritating’ to your skin – we have been adding 3 drops to our moisturizer upon application
- Soko Glam recommends using this product at night as vitamin C is an exfoliator so it can expose you to even more UVA/UVB rays
I’ve actually been using it in the morning and at night and haven’t seen any adverse reactions. I always re-apply my sunscreen & wear a hat at all times!
- You may experience some skin purging when first starting out with Triple C Liquid Lightning
- It is recommended that you use vitamin C on nights that you don’t use your retinoid products
I have been using it diluted in my moisturizer & using retinoids and have not experienced any irritations or stinging – if you didn’t already know, I’m a go big or go home type of person, so I always push the envelope a little bit.
- Vitamin C works better with low pH skin
- If you have another vitamin C containing product at home, it’s best to use either one or the other. Two vitamin C’s together can actually dilute each other & make them less effective
- It’s best to keep Liquid Lightning in the fridge to help extend its shelf life
- Stinging and redness is normal when first starting out this regime – your skin will eventually adjust, but don’t hesitate to using every couple days and then work into using every day
If you’re considering this product & have questions, let us know in the comments section below! We sure are loving it and want you to as well!
image compliments of COSRX