For some reason, eye masks (eye patches) excite the heck out of me! I don’t know what it is! Maybe because I’ve never used an eye mask I didn’t like… or that they’re easy to wear… or that my eyes can use a quick pick me up every now and then! I just think they’re one of the best creations for the delicate eye area. And ya’ll know I have YET to find an eye cream that I actually like, aside from using SkinMedica Retinol .5 around my eye area that has done wonders! Eye masks are a great little way to help de-puff and brighten when your eyes need it most, especially in a pinch!
Are you a good candidate for eye masks you ask? If you have one or more of the following, then hop on board!
- Dark circles
If you’re new to the eye mask market, there are several things you want to consider:
- Cheap ones like the ones you find in the Walgreens check-out aisle just aren’t that good
- If you suffer from dark circles, consider ones with caffeine in them
- Consider putting your eye masks in the freezer before use, this will help with puffiness
- Vitamin C can be great for wrinkles and fine lines
- Products with cucumbers/cucumber extracts are known to help soothe and de-puff the eye area
- The whole gold eye mask thing just isn’t worth all the hype (in my humble opinion)
- After you’ve used the eye masks on your eyes, take one and put it on the area above your mouth
- Collagen is a great ingredient to look for when searching for eye creams as it helps with fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyaluronic acid reduces the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Eye masks can be great before important events – i.e. wedding, family photos…
- Consider using once a week as part of your skincare regime, or on an as needed basis
- Most eye masks target all 5 major area of concerns listed above (some just do it better!)
Here are some of our favorite eye masks for you to consider! Have fun with it!
Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels #CheekysChoice 2014 Travel + Leisure’s Best Travel Beauty Product of the Year winner. 2013 Winner Harper Bazaar Beauty Hot 100 Award.
image compliments of Skyn Iceland
image compliments of Karuna
image compliments of Wei
image compliments of Elemis
Chella Skin Care – #CheekysChoice
image compliments of Chella
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Hydra Gel Patches #CheekysChoice
image compliments of Peter Thomas Roth
Do you have an ice mask you swear by? Let us know in the comments section below!