We had a Cheeky get a hold of us the other day asking about the best moisturizers on the market for acne-prone, oily skin! We thought we’d share some of our favorites & even the best facial cleansers to help you keep excessive oil and unwanted acne at bay!
If you have oily skin that can be acne prone or even if you just have oily skin, all of these products are catered towards YOU!
When it comes to searching for a new product for your skin, there are definitely things you’ll want to consider… if you don’t find an item below in your price range or you’d prefer to shop at your trusted skincare outlet, we thought we’d share some of the best ingredients & ‘requirements’ to look for:
- Gel or foaming cleansers are often targeted towards oily skin
- Be on the lookout for products that say ‘oil-free’
… there is a caveat when it comes to oil… some facial oils are fine for oily skin, but I tend to recommend that you look for products that brag about being ‘oil-free’… you know what I mean!?
- Glycolic acids help to slough off dead skin and prevent acne
- Salicylic acid neutralizes acne-causing bacteria to prevent and heal breakouts
- Vitamin C helps to remove crap from pores & remove all traces of dirt
- Niacinamide maintains moisture retention which, in turn, can help control sebum production and minimize excess oil
- Ceramide-containing moisturizers may offer benefits as an adjunct to acne treatment
- Antixoidants are very beneficial when it comes to acne
- AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) help to reduce oil and minimize the appearance of pores
- Look for alcohol-free products
- Don’t shy away from ‘gentle’ products
- Clay products can help combat acne and excessive oiliness
Glytone Mild Gel Cleanser $33 Cheeky’s Choice
Great starter product – very mild, works very well. Glytone products are recommended by top Dermatologists so I trust them to do the job without being overly drying or harsh.
Obagi CLENZIDerm $39 Cheeky’s Choice
Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser $45 Cheeky’s Choice
Glytone Rejuvenating Lotion $50 Cheeky’s Choice
OLEHENRIKSEN Counter Balance Oil Control $34 Cheeky’s Choice
images provided by their corresponding brands
For questions regarding our top suggested products for oily, acne-prone skin, let us know in the comments section below,